For the purpose of this guide, we will assume you are adding your new account as as IMAP account and will be accessing your email from more than one device.
Select Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Add Account, select Other and then Add Mail Account.
Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- Name: Enter your first and last name or business. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- Address: Enter the email address which you will reply from (e.g., email@example.com).
- Password: Enter the password for your email account.
- Description: Enter a descriptive name for the account. This will be visible only to you and helps you identify which account you are using.
Select the Save button.
Note: If IMAP is not already selected, select the IMAPbutton.
Under both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections, enter the following information:
- Host Name: mail.yourdomain.com
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password : Enter your email password
Select the Save button and the device will verify settings and return to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen.
Configuring Default Folders
Select Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Select your account, scroll down and select Advanced
- Under Mailbox Behaviors, select Drafts Mailbox.
- Under On the Server, select Drafts
- Select Advanced and select the Sent Mailbox
- Under On the Server, select Sent
- Select Advanced and then select Deleted Mailbox
- Under On the Server, select Trash